Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-15-2021, 03:07 AM

Default Ilok lost, unable to retrieve pro tools perpetual license from Avid

Hello everyone

Couple of months ago, I lost my Ilok with several plug-in licenses among my perpetual Pro Tools 2019.12 educational pricing license. Last week I finally could buy a new Ilok, and I started the necessary steps to block the lost Ilok and transfer my licenses to a new one. I placed a RMA in Ilok webpage and I got the response: My RMA number was there with a list of all my licenses on that lost Ilok, including my perpetual license. This info was also displayed in Ilok License Manager when I signed in with my Ilok account, linked to the old Ilok S/N and in grey. The next step was to renew my academic eligibility and go to Avid to fill the Lost Ilok form. Here it is when the problems started:

First, my perpetual license is active (with expired support plan) and synchronized with my Ilok account both on "my products" page and on "linked accounts" on my Avid Account (and with the license appearing in ILM linked to the lost Ilok) But in the Lost Ilok form I can only select "Pro tools | First" in the list of products to retrieve the license. There is no way I can make my Pro Tools Perpetual appear on that list when filling the said form. That was yesterday. As I already retrieved all the other licenses for my plugins (very easily and without having to pay any ASC on no other company) and having a case opened on the support portal without any answer (maybe it is too soon but it has been more than 24h) today I tried again, and I entered panic mode when I see that my perpetual license disappeared from my ILM and from my Ilok account. Even thou in Ilok.com Avid appears as an authorized company to access my Ilok account, I can't find my perpetual license anywhere (although my expired avid plugin bundle and support plan licenses are still there). On my avid accounts the license is still active, and associated to my Ilok Id, but there is no license on my Ilok account and no way for me to select other product than "Pro tools | First" on the "lost Ilok" form given by Avid tech Support. I don't want to waste my ASC on a Pro tools First license (especially since that software is FREE and I still have 2 activations remaining) so I came here searching for an answer to my problem.

In addition, as I am writing this, my Expired Support plan has also disappeared from my ILM, but this license still appears on my account if I log in Ilok web and go to my profile, unlike the perpetual pro tools license that is missing everywhere.

Maybe the disappearance of the license is something that is supposed to happen since my lost Ilok is blocked and reported missing, and maybe I am supposed to select "Pro tools | First" in the Lost Ilok form that Avid provides, but I am a little bit blind here and I don't want to waste a nearly 50€ code to retrieve a license for a free software.

Can anyone throw some light to me? I would be forever grateful since Avid tech support seems to be very slow and with another issues in the past, very vague and not helpful at all.

I'm not very concerned with the disappearance of the license on ILM, but with the issue when filling the Avid "Lost Ilok" Form that doesn't show my pro tools perpetual license and only pro tools First license.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Torinko93; 12-15-2021 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Ilok lost, unable to retrieve pro tools perpetual license from Avid

Welcome to the community.

I grabbed your case and will update that so please watch your email.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Ilok lost, unable to retrieve pro tools perpetual license from Avid

Thank you so much, my license is back and working perfectly. You are the best!