Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room

Old 12-02-2010, 06:25 AM

Default Help with virtual drums

I am a drummer with the Roland td-20 and I bought the Oceans Way Gold because it is mapped to the roland. Problem is I have been fighting this thing for about a year. I can never get the Hi hat to work very well and even playing the sound from roland I can only do so much as they seem sluggish. If I play audio just the roland it self it frees me up and I get more finesse. Is there a good product that will singk up midi and still give the feel of playing drums and not where i have to play kind of basic. Some fill I will add a lot of nots ofr even hi hat 16th notes that won't sound machine gun? ANY SUGGESTIONS? I like the Oceans Way sounds but as far as it playing well I hate it
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Help with virtual drums

A few things to look at; adjust the sensitivity of the hat trigger, record it(with the problems) and go back thru and edit the problems out on the piano roll, or do what I do when I want it perfect; use a real hat and 1 mic(I use SD2 for the rest of the kit). BTW, SD2 is mapped almost perfectly for the Roland TD10 kit I have. The only fishing I did was to get a cowbell to play off an extra pad. Curiously, the hat in SD2 actually triggers better than the Roland brain hat(which reminds me, the TD20 hat is a continuous controller, so that may be an issue to address. Check the Ocean Way manual to see if they have settings for continuous vs on/off controllers).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave