Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Default Thinking about going back to Leopard

So I upgraded to Snow Leopard thinking I would just install the pre-release for Pro Tools. Well I haven't done that yet. I figured with my luck I'll install it, then Digi will release the final version, and there would have been no point into installing the pre-release.

Having Pro Tools up and running right now isn't a must. So I have been just waiting for Digi to release the final version. With this time I have been just exploring Snow Leopard. And I think I'm just going to go back to Leopard. I don't know about anyone else, but does SL act weird sometimes? I mean, everyday my internet just stops working at random times. I need to go up to to the the airport turn it off for a couple seconds and then turn it back on and everything is fine. I never once had to do that while on Leopard. Plus other small bugs I notice with other programs. I didn't install much since I upgraded. Just Firefox and Adium(IM client). I did all updates for SL so far. I also did the a fresh install of SL with a reformat and the whole 9 yards. Not just a standard "upgrade."

I just find it weird that I would be on edge about this whole thing since I only have a couple things installed. It just makes me even more worried about what Pro Tools is going to be like.

Anyway, I know this isn't too much related to Pro Tools, but I needed to rant.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Thinking about going back to Leopard

Hi, In only a vaguely similar situation:
I JUST bought a mac pro that was supposed to have leopard on it. But instead it has Snow Leopard.
Is it easy to revert to Leopard? (I have PT 8.0 and just want to avoid all the issues til it's qualified)
Calling it a night, but just curious what you thought.

Cheers