Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 PM

Default 003 rack goes mad with midi (and audio disappears)

Hi, I'm using a 003 rack with Logic 7.1.1 on a powerbook G4. It worked alright for months but suddenly the 003 went mad. If I run a song with midi and audio tracks, some midi notes will start to activate all the switches in the front panel of the 003, including the mute button.
At that point, even if I bring all the switches back to the normal setting, no audio will come out of the 003. I will have to switch off the 003 and reboot Logic only to start the process again at the next encounter with some midi notes. When in Logic, if the 003 front switches are manually switched on, they trigger midi notes, they become a keyboard!!! ( the midi out 1 & 2 leds will blink ). There will be a subtle rumble of midi notes, generated by me switching on and off the front panel switches.
I changed the configuration in the Audio Midi Setup window ( even if it's always worked before ) with no luck.
If I want to bounce a midi track into audio, at some point a midi note will start the process again and consequently the audio track won't have any audio coming in therefore no bounce will take place.
I tried the 003 with PT LE 7.4 and it works fine.
I updated the firmware on 003, reconfigured Audio Midi Setup, reinstalled Logic 7.1.1, everything else I could think of, bruised my head against the wall.
Basically Stucked.
Please help. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: 003 rack goes mad with midi (and audio disappears)

Have you tried trashing preferences yet, including MIDI prefs?

Instructions can be found in the General Troubleshooting thread.