Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-15-2023, 01:00 PM

Default Pro Tools Crashes immediatly

Uploaded to 2023.3 about 3 days ago. Ever since, PT crashes as soon as I try to do something. I've scoured all over Avid.com. Tried phone calls (that's a joke).

Don't they know (or just don't care) if we need to use Pro Tools to make a living

How to do contact someone at Avid that can help me?

My PC is Solid and has been for the past 10 years.

Thanks!!
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 32GB
Internal Hard Drives:
500GB= Programs
1TBGB= Audio
1tbGB= Samples/Back Up
External Hard Drives: Verbatim 1TB USB Drive
RME Fireface UFX Interface/Preamps
Pro Tools 2023
Focal CMS 65 Monitors
Avantones
Old 04-15-2023, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Transferring sessions between Mac and PC

Not sure what this problem has to do with this old M-Powered thread?

Pro Tools crashes exactly how? What exact symptoms/error messages if any? When doing exactly what? Loading plugins? Opening a session? Give as a specific description as you can as to what is happening. Check the Pro Tools session .txt log file in the long shot that shows something interesting. This happens with no session open? All sessions? When opening a new empty session (not a template)? etc.

The place to get useful help here is all the stuff under the "Help Us Help You" link up the top of every DUC web page. Some very useful standard troubleshooting stuff is described there, you should be running through much of that before posting on DUC. And if you have... great but explain clearly what you have done/what happened. And include a SiSoft Sandra report. If time is precious you should be focused on doing that or rolling back to your last known good backup.

You can file an online support case with Avid using your active support/update plan. Look at the support section of your Avid.com account, and poke around the support section there. This link might or might not work https://avidproduction.force.com/avi.../#home_section. You can purchase a support ASC and use that for telephone support from the Avid store if you really want to do that. Personally I could not think of a bigger waste of my time and Avid's time than having some first tier support person walk me though doing what is basically the standard troubleshooting steps under the "Help Us Help You" link above. Wether on the phone or via email. Much faster to do them yourself, take notes and share that here or with support. For many things you will get faster help on DUC from other users than from support, for some things, including reporting new bugs, it's better to go though support and folks here will often point those out. On one hand Avid is cleaning up some of the support mess and simplifying how cases are filed, you get that new path if you use your Avid.com account, on the other hand for a lot of stuff you are wasting time even wanting to contact support.

2023.3 is a pretty stable release sans some challenges with native Apple silicon plugin compatibility on Mac. That should give you some confidence to spend time looking at problems specific to you setup, as always... suspect plugin compatibility until you can show it's not the problem. Are all your plugins up to date? Have you done any plugin tests? That it has run before OK is no proof you don't now have a plugin problem. But that's just one of the more likely things to try to quickly troubleshoot.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-15-2023 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Transferring sessions between Mac and PC

2 more cents worth; maybe a moderator could/should move this thread to the relevant section as it has nothing to do with M-Powered... In any case, starting with PT version 9, moving/copying sessions between Mac and PC is as easy as described. Any instructions from the M-Powered archives are not likely to work with any version of PT after 10 or 11. Mediafour MacDrive is one great option for sharing drives, and Paragon HFS+ for Windows is another(and slightly cheaper) option.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave