Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2008, 12:02 PM

Default Console Malfunction?

So I was mixing today and I went to turn up the keyboard subgroups, and they didn't seem to be linking properly, even though I was using variable groups and had them linked in the options -> busses page. Plus, I had already mixed 3 worship services this weekend with them linked, and I hadn't changed anything. Then I realized that the LED above the "Keys L" subgroup said "OFF," whereas the Keys R subgroup showed it's current DB level. Then a couple seconds later, the Keys L subgroup snapped up into position and the audio came through.

Then I flipped the output section to Aux 1-8. I noticed aux 5 also said "OFF." This is the same fader that controls Keys L. Then I flipped through each bank on the output fader section, and each time, the 5th fader said "OFF."

I rebooted the console... same thing happened. Output fader 5 is not operational right now. I have never seen any on/off functionality for channels, so I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it back on, or if it is some kind of software failure.

Has anyone experienced this? What is the solution? Thanks very much.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Avid

Default Re: Console Malfunction?

Hi Josh,

The constant "OFF" fader indication could indicate a malfunction in the fader's touch sensor. Contact your VENUE dealer or Digi customer service and they can arrange a replacement. Under normal operation you should only see OFF displayed when a fader is touched while its function changes (e.g., you change to another bank while holding the fader).

Here are a few things to try in the meantime:
- Power just the control surface on (leave FOH Rack off). Press one of the flashing buttons to go into test mode and run some of the fader tests. See if the fader reacts normally, or stays off.
- With FOH Rack on, power just the control surface on/off. This forces a recalibration of the faders.
- With FOH Rack on, right click on the control surface icon on the Options > Devices page and choose "Reset" (You may need to be in Config mode to do this).

Sheldon