Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Default Seems to no limit to closing of honest threads

Thread after thread, most full of people who have genuine thoughts they want to be conveyed. Sure, there are perspectives on both sides of the discussion, and all have thier place. Some of us see it one way, and some see it another way. I have nothing but complete and utter respect for both to say what they want, it makes for a fair and balanced debate. If the issue were dead, there would be no further discussion, but as we can see, that is not the case.

EVERY ONE OF THESE THREADS KEEPS GETTING CLOSED!

Even when it is obvious that the discussion is far from over!

If it were just a few, you would not see so many new posts in these threads.

If the threads had no relevance, then it would not be Avid who closed them.

IT WOULD BE A LACK OF INTEREST WHICH WOULD BE DICTATED BY THE PARTCIPATION!

If you have nothing to say then let the thread die.

I PROMISE I WILL NOT POST IN THE THREAD TO KEEP IT GOING!

As I have NOT done in the most recent threads.

Let the threads live or die on thier merits!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Seems to no limit to closing of honest threads

IBTL

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Thread after thread, most full of people who have genuine thoughts they want to be conveyed. Sure, there are perspectives on both sides of the discussion, and all have thier place. Some of us see it one way, and some see it another way. I have nothing but complete and utter respect for both to say what they want, it makes for a fair and balanced debate. If the issue were dead, there would be no further discussion, but as we can see, that is not the case.
I too have noticed this heavy handedness and are a little dismayed by the level of censorship being conducted on these forums. Sure bashing is bashing and bashing needs to stop but what does not need to stop is good old honest dialect. Filtering what may or may not be talked about in my not so humble opinion is purely misplaced priorities.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 AM

It's just broken.

They have people trying to buy their "support" plan to get the software that can't do it.

They can't figure out how to make a demo happen.

The company is crashing. So now it's gambler at the horse track time. A $2 bet isn't worth it. The $599 doesn't matter. We gotta bet it all and go long. And then?

Time to learn another interface folks.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Let me first say I have no relationship with Avid other than I own both LE and HD equipment, and the legitimate licenses to use it.

I am 100% with Avid on closing threads unrelated to solving issues with the implementation of their software. Until the outcry over pricing, the majority of threads dealt with solving problems in usage, not affordability.

If someone wants to continue to rally people for some perceived violation of their claim they should benefit from Avid's product development, but at a cost related to the user's checkbook balance, or has some beef related to Avid's marketing scenario, then that someone can do so on their own Myspace, Twitter or Facebook account. Or they can start their own company or web site, or just buy a soap box and yell outside town hall.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 AM

Hey I don't want to learn another interface. I don't want to quit using ProTools. I don't want the company to go under. I hope Avid prospers. But it sure doesn't look like it's going to. "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job..." doesn't really cut it, does it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 AM

My goodness Barry, let it go already!
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.3, PT2023.12.1, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.3, PT2033.12.1, BabyFacePro FS
Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamajack View Post
Let me first say I have no relationship with Avid other than I own both LE and HD equipment, and the legitimate licenses to use it.

I am 100% with Avid on closing threads unrelated to solving issues with the implementation of their software. Until the outcry over pricing, the majority of threads dealt with solving problems in usage, not affordability.

If someone wants to continue to rally people for some perceived violation of their claim they should benefit from Avid's product development, but at a cost related to the user's checkbook balance, or has some beef related to Avid's marketing scenario, then that someone can do so on their own Myspace, Twitter or Facebook account. Or they can start their own company or web site, or just buy a soap box and yell outside town hall.

It makes no sense to give a company feedback at a place/website where they will likely not even see it! If your cat went missing in NJ, are you gonna fly all they way to California to post "Missing" posters?!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
I too have noticed this heavy handedness and are a little dismayed by the level of censorship being conducted on these forums. Sure bashing is bashing and bashing needs to stop but what does not need to stop is good old honest dialect. Filtering what may or may not be talked about in my not so humble opinion is purely misplaced priorities.
Well, I have to agree. I have never ever experienced this closing of threads before. I recall that sometimes a tread "disappeared", but that was very very rare.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 AM

It is very disappointing the way things have gone recently. I really hope things make a turn for the better and Pro Tools survives though. DUC used to be very friendly and informative place with good relations between company and users.
Closed Thread