How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 AM

Default Download Expansion Pack or Presets

I,

I´m a knew Eleven Rack user and i would to know if it´s possible to download presets or the expansion pack without using pro tools, just connecting eleven rack via usb to the computer.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Download Expansion Pack or Presets

Hi Jags,

I don't know about the presets but this quote is taken from the sticky on the ERXP at the top of the forum:

Q: Do I have to have Pro Tools installed to update my firmware?

A: No, but you do need to have the Eleven Rack driver installed or the updater will not be able to find the Eleven Rack or install the new FW onto it. The latest Eleven Rack drivers for Mac or Windows can be found at http:// www.avid.com/drivers. Run the appropriate one for your system, make sure Eleven Rack is showing up in the Eleven Rack control panel, and then run the ERXP Updater.

You can read the full post from digi themselves here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297402

Presets that others have made (and there are some AMAZING peeps on here that have made some KILLER tones) may only be usable if you load up the pro tools interface to load the preset files. That alone is a great reason to put pro tools on your system. I mean, it's free after all and you don't have use it as your DAW.