Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Default Question about Scarbee Edgy Electric Piano Samples and Structure Free Sample Player

Does anyone know whether Digidesign Structure Free sample player (the one included with Pro tools 8 LE) will load Scarbee Edgy Electric Piano samples in Kontakt or EXS24 format?

I'm interested in buying this sample library, but I’m not sure if I could open these samples in Structure Free and whether there would be any limitations (e.g. controllable parameters or similar) if they were opened in this sample player. If any of you have these samples and have been able to open them in this sampler, please let me know. I would also appreciate if you would let me know what format would be preferred for Structure Free (Kontakt 2 vs Kontakt 3 vs EXS, etc.).

Also, I noticed that this sample library was available on a DVD which included three different fomats (Kontakt, HAlion and EXS), and that it is currently available only through one online store, which is selling them exclusively in a single format of choice.

I would like to get a DVD that contains at least couple of these formats (Kontakt and EXS) as I’m planning on using them in Logic at some point in the future and would hate to have to pay twice for the same library. Any recommendations on a store where this sample DVD could be bought would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rale
Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Question about Scarbee Edgy Electric Piano Samples and Structure Free Sample Play

Don't know about StructureFREE - that will be a question for RussUK.

They will work in the NI Kontakt Player (I think that's what it's called) and should come with it - if not it's a free download from the NI website.

Cheers,

Scott
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Question about Scarbee Edgy Electric Piano Samples and Structure Free Sample Play

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...2&bprintonly=1

Here you go...

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 AM

A lot of these libraries use custom scripting for Kontakt. FWIW Kontakt Player 3.5 has been pretty solid in PT8 LE 8.0.1.

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Thank you all for replying to my posting.

A problem with Kontakt Player would be that it would time out after 30 mins unless sample library in question comes with its own Kontakt Player, and from what I know, Scarbee EEP doesn’t come as a Kontakt Player VST.

I’m familiar with the page listing sample formats supported by Structure Free, but I’m not sure if Scarbee EEP samples fall into a category of encrypted and as such, unsupported, samples.

Also. reading some of the forums, I’ve often come across postings where people would talk about problems opening certain sample libraries in spite of the fact that they are in a format supported by a given software sampler, so I was hoping to find out if anyone who has these samples has tried, or is willing to try loading these samples in Structure Free and let me know if a specific sample format (Kontakt 2,3, or EXS24) actually works, and if it does, whether all control parameters are available for tweaking (noise, etc.)

Thanks