Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 AM

Default Stereo / Mono Groups, Am I missing something?

Is it possible to have 8 groups, 4 mono and 2 stereo, like analogue consoles?
Or use 2 mono plugins and link them together? for like a Keys group?

Cheers.
Glen.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Stereo / Mono Groups, Am I missing something?

You have to use expert mode in the Options page. You can assign any set of groups as stereo, but the faders and plugs still behave as if the groups were mono. It's really more for stereo panning across a pair of groups.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:09 AM

You definetely can have stereo groups and you can also assign Stereo Plug-ins when groups are linked.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlvarez View Post
You definetely can have stereo groups and you can also assign Stereo Plug-ins when groups are linked.
That is true when you have the system set up as 8 Aux + 8 Stereo Groups, when you're trying to combine mono groups w/stereo groups you're stuck cause the console doesn't behave the same. That's why I can't wait for 2.8.1 so that we can truly link our Matrix Outs and still have Mono Groups.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:21 AM

Its also true when you have the desk in variable groups mode - then you can have your 16 Aux sends as well as 8 groups that can be fully linked.

Why you cant do this properly in 16+8 mode i do not know... You cant do this at all properly on an SC48, which is the sole reason i havent bought 2 already... hint hint...
Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
That is true when you have the system set up as 8 Aux + 8 Stereo Groups, when you're trying to combine mono groups w/stereo groups you're stuck cause the console doesn't behave the same. That's why I can't wait for 2.8.1 so that we can truly link our Matrix Outs and still have Mono Groups.
But if you want stereo Matrix's you would just use PQ's yeah?

Cheers for the posts guys, guess I'll be waiting for 2.8.1 where I guess you will be able to link Plugins?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseyKiwi View Post
Cheers for the posts guys, guess I'll be waiting for 2.8.1 where I guess you will be able to link Plugins?
No, you won't be able to create stereo situations by linking plugins, but those of us with Stage Rack and Mix Rack systems will be able to stereo link our Matrices which we currently cannot do. However, Chris' solution is available for all but SC48 users. It allows you to stereo link your Groups and use stereo plugins, which Expert Mode will not allow you to do. If you want to use Stereo Groups I would take Chris' advice and use Variable Groups mode on a Stage Rack or Mix Rack system and then use the Stereo Matrix option if you are on SC48.