Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Default trouble registering Pro Tools Academic Pack v7.3

I have an Intel based mac, so when installing my pro tools i found i needed the update. upon installing the update i also found my M-box no longer works to open the program and i needed to buy an I-loc (as im sure you all know).

my trouble is when registering, i was told:

"this version of Protools HD 7.2 requires authorization to run. to authorize your computer, please enter a response to the challenge below."

then there is another box below it which says "response"

and a button below the box which says "read response..."

i am at a total loss, and was told to have Pro tools up and running beofre my next class. please help!

Dave
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: trouble registering Pro Tools Academic Pack v7.3

Hello. Is your system connected to the internet when you are trying to read the response? That's how these things work, you get a response online that you copy and paste and it then authorizes the software.

By the way, do yourself and Digidesign a favor by taking this challenge off of your post. You are unwittingly setting things up for a potential unauthorized use of the software.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Dave - as froyo is suggesting, you need to click on the Edit command at the top of your post, remove the text of the paragraph in your message containing the challenge, and submit the edited post. Until you do this, your license is vulnerable to theft.

Allan
16GB MacBook Air 2020 Intel, MacOS 10.15.7, PT 2020.12; 2.8 GHz Core i7 16GB MacBook Pro 2014, MacOS 10.14.6, Thunderbolt Native/PTU 2020.5; 3.4 GHz Xeon 3-1270 Quad 16GB HP Z210 Win 7x64 SP1 & HD2 Accel/PTHD 10.3.10 or Digi 002/PT 12.4
Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Avid

I removed the challenge.

First off - the challenge/response will not work for Pro Tools. Any iLok authorization is deposited directly to your iLok account when you purchase and/or register it. The challenge/response is a holdover from years past.

Lastly - the problem you're having is you installed the Pro Tools HD update, when you need the LE update. You should do a clean uninstall of Pro Tools HD, then reinstall the LE version and update.