Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-28-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Re: HDX card not recognized

Thanks JFreak. I did do that when I reseated it. Here's what's going on at the moment: I deleted the old DigiDal.kext , but new attempts at installing the HD driver haven't replaced it. So maybe the card isn't being seen because something is preventing the driver from being successfully reinstalled. I have no idea what or why. It's just what I'm seeing.

Thanks again all for your help.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Be sure your user has admin privileges and then restart before install -- should not have problems like that
Old 05-28-2019, 01:11 PM

I had this same problem, digitest did not see the HDX card which means it's a driver issue, or your card is bad. I knew my card was good so... here's what worked:

If for some reason the OS blocks proper installation of the HD Driver, you can manually force it to load with the following Terminal command:

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

(note that you will need to enter an Administrator password to validate this command)

After running the Terminal command you may see a system message regarding a security problem, which will then be fixed by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and allowing the HD driver to load (which you would normally be prompted to do immediately after installing the driver).

After going to system preferences and checking the box to allow the driver to load, it worked!

Hope that helps.

gH
Old 02-22-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead2010 View Post
I had this same problem, digitest did not see the HDX card which means it's a driver issue, or your card is bad. I knew my card was good so... here's what worked:

If for some reason the OS blocks proper installation of the HD Driver, you can manually force it to load with the following Terminal command:

(note that you will need to enter an Administrator password to validate this command)

After running the Terminal command you may see a system message regarding a security problem, which will then be fixed by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and allowing the HD driver to load (which you would normally be prompted to do immediately after installing the driver).

After going to system preferences and checking the box to allow the driver to load, it worked!

Hope that helps.

gH
I know this thread is old but for anyone having this problem, the above was the trick that finally got my Mac Pro to recognize HDX as an engine. Gearhead2010, you're a legend.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:16 AM

I had issues with OS blocking driver..........reinstall, watch security utility.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead2010 View Post

Hope that helps.

gH
Hello,
I used your Terminal command and it worked great.

I used to have a command that automatically operated whenever I started up, but unfortunately I deleted it when cleaning up startup items. The link to the avid page no longer has this command. Any idea how to do this? I can't find it anywhere. Here is that link again.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...__2&popup=true

Steve