Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-03-2002, 11:59 AM

Default PTLE 32 and plugs: weird fades behaviour.

I've just installed the beta version (I'm late because I had to find some place to download, my modem being a poor 56K...).
Everything seems to be fine (thanks Chomp. for the DAE tip !!), except for one thing...

Here's the scenario: I have a region with a fade in and a fade out. I want to apply an audiosuite plug on it (as I've done a million times in the past). So I do all the settings and hit the plug's preview button...well... All I have to hear is a very very short loop. I came to understand that this loop is equal to the duration of the fade in.
All I can preview is the damned fade in !!
Even worse: I've tried applying the plug anyway and I get three regions !! : the former fade in+the "center" of the former region+the former fade out (all of them with the plug applied). If I listen to the result, it's fine, the plug has been fully applied. But what's with the 3 regions??
How inconvenient is that (I don't wanna have to consolidate each time I run into this!)?
And why did I loose the possibility to preview a region with fades on it !! I now have to get rid of the fades in order to be able to preview and end up (after applying) with one region!!

Has it happened to anyone?...
Old 09-03-2002, 03:36 PM

Default Re: PTLE 32 and plugs: weird fades behaviour.

Ben, you're the man !!! (almost a perfect rhyme...). Thanks a lot for that quick and effective reply ! Stupid me! I guess installing that new version has changed more preferences than I thought ... Of course: the "entire selection" option ! I've worked with it for so many years, I just forgot there was another option there (that I never use).
I'm so stupid sometimes, I could just beat myself... Thanks a lot my friend!
Old 09-04-2002, 12:40 AM

Default Re: PTLE 32 and plugs: weird fades behaviour.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr T:
Even worse: I've tried applying the plug anyway and I get three regions !! : the former fade in+the "center" of the former region+the former fade out (all of them with the plug applied). If I listen to the result, it's fine, the plug has been fully applied. But what's with the 3 regions??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">On the audiosuite plugin there are some choices at the top, select "whole files" instead of "region by region".