Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-03-2023, 08:25 AM

Default PT "Undo" sometimes switches from command Z to command W

I have this very strange behaviour in Pro Tools on Mac (macOS 12.6.3 Monterey).

Normally I can just undo something by using the regular Command Z. But recently I found out that this closes my active window, while Undo became Command W.

I'm using a French AZERTY keyboard (in Belgium) and I suspect the software is sometimes flipping and thinks I have a QWERTY keyboard. The strange thing is that I can still type in the AZERTY way, while that happens.

Anyone any idea what is going on and how I can fix this?

Tnx,

Jo
Old 05-03-2023, 09:14 AM

Default Re: PT "Undo" sometimes switches from command Z to command W

Did you search DUC before posting?

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424020
Old 05-04-2023, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you search DUC before posting?

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424020
Hi @Darryl, tnx for the reply.

I did indeed search and didn't find anyone with a similar problem. I've checked the keyboard settings and they are correctly put to "follow keyboard layout".

The problem that I seem to have is that sometimes the Command Z works as undo, but sometimes it doesn't and it turns into close active window. As if it switches from US to FR keyboard and back. Very strange.

Jo
Old 05-04-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocaudron View Post
Hi @Darryl, tnx for the reply.

I did indeed search and didn't find anyone with a similar problem. I've checked the keyboard settings and they are correctly put to "follow keyboard layout".

The problem that I seem to have is that sometimes the Command Z works as undo, but sometimes it doesn't and it turns into close active window. As if it switches from US to FR keyboard and back. Very strange.

Jo
Did you read the part about other users having to...
Quote:
I have to change "Follow Keyboard Layout" to "Lock to US Layout", then back to "Follow", and it's fixed until next restart of protools.
Does doing that help you?

I do suspect what you are seeing is related to this other known and reported issue, which presumably might be getting fixed soon, but you might also want to file a cast with Avid support, and reference that other issue/case as well.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you read the part about other users having to...

Does doing that help you?

I do suspect what you are seeing is related to this other known and reported issue, which presumably might be getting fixed soon, but you might also want to file a cast with Avid support, and reference that other issue/case as well.
I am hoping that a future update will resolve the issue. For now, I am utilizing the "undo" button on my NI Komplete keyboard and I intend to set up one of my stream decks as a controller for similar functions.

Tnx!
Old 05-16-2023, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBaysinger View Post
have you fixed it?
Not really. I always do the " Follow Keyboard lay-out => change to US => Follow Keyboard lay-out" trick. But that is of course just a work around. Waiting for a real solution, will hopefully be an upgrade of PT that solves it.

Tnx for following up.