Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2023, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD Native PCIe compatibility with last Pro Tools Studio software

FWIW, I always recommend buying from a retailer(and sending questions there as well) as opposed to buying from the Avid store. The reason being that a good retailer(like sweetwater and similar) is better equipped to handle this type of question(nothing against Avid, but I just don't think they are staffed with retail in mind)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-29-2023, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD Native PCIe compatibility with last Pro Tools Studio software

@Darryl, thank you very much, that's alright, I'll watch it and see what's best.

@LDS, thank you very much, alright, I'll phone them tomorrow.
May I ask something please ?
Here is a screenshot attached of my products in my account.
When I click on Pro Tools HD 10, there is no link saying it's active or anything just like Pro Tools First.

When I bought it, it was long time ago, maybe 10 years, it was no subscription, it was just a software that you installed and that you registered, with no active subscription or anything.

Do you think it would still be ok if I buy a Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade link just like I've sent you ?
Anyway, I guess there is a support once you've bought the upgrade, as it is also a 12 months support ? The thing is that you can't send it back I guess once you've bought it.

Do you know any way to get the commercial support so that I can ask before buying ?

Thank you so much once again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre 2.001.jpg (62.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2023, 03:41 AM

Hello,
Sorry I've sent a message with a screenshot that I wanted to show you (my Avid list of products to ask you whether you thought it was ok to buy the reinstatement) and it didn't appear.
Thank you, I've bought the upgrage + 1 year support.
I'll tell you.
Thank you very much to all for taking the time to answer, LDS, Darryl, and albee1952, it helped me a lot to understand about it.
Have a great week-end and take care