Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 AM

Default EW/Soundsonline warning

I posted in this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=353562&page=5 in post 45 about East West (aka Soundsonline) deleting a thread I started over there mentioning two threads here about the iLok license asset issue and Heartbleed. In an email exchange with one of the admins I was told it was deleted because according to their TOS they can delete threads that are industry sensitive. I don't see what we're talking about here as industry sensitive or elsewise Avid would have shut down and/or deleted these threads.

In the exchange I asked if any of the admins had read the threads and I got a reply back today saying they had and they saw what was posted here as 'crazy talk' (their words, not mine). I was further told they (EW) would let people know if and when there was a problem in response to the comment I made to the effect of 'at least you could let people know the EW site is not compromised by Heartbleed'. They also said there was no reason to let people know about the iLok problem because they don't allow resales of used libraries. Tried to tell them that this goes beyond just one or two developers and that people who have legitimately purchased licensed software have had things deleted from their iLoks. Apparently they (EW admins) can't see the value in letting people know they might have a problem with iLok or website security.

QAPLA!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:26 PM

Default Re: EW/Soundsonline warning

Nice to know I'm not the only one who can recognize 'crazy talk' when I hear it...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Nice to know I'm not the only one who can recognize 'crazy talk' when I hear it...
Is it crazy talk to call out a company when it screws up like iLok did? Is it crazy talk to worry about the one of the biggest computer bugs in history?

QAPLA!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Is it crazy talk to call out a company when it screws up like iLok did? Is it crazy talk to worry about the one of the biggest computer bugs in history?
C'mon...Surely you know I don't include you in the "crazy talk" category, even though your are from Joizy...

But I think you would have to admit that some of the posts in those two threads make even the much-vaunted "Control 24/Pro Control" look like a friggin' faculty tea...

There is one commonality between all three of those threads...the number of posters whose post count is less than ten...almost makes you wonder if somebody is "salting the mine"...

And has anybody ever come up with somebody who lost a license that they purchased from the plugin developer or an authorized dealer? Not trying to be whatever...I just haven't seen one on any of the threads, yet...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
C'mon...Surely you know I don't include you in the "crazy talk" category, even though your are from Joizy...

And has anybody ever come up with somebody who lost a license that they purchased from the plugin developer or an authorized dealer? Not trying to be whatever...I just haven't seen one on any of the threads, yet...
Me and an other mod have.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
+1 for Waves Disapearing from Account.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-21-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
And Southside...

Waves is a different situation, as there may have been a statement from Waves that we could keep using our V8 licenses...

But outside of Waves, has anybody seen any others?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
And Southside...

Waves is a different situation, as there may have been a statement from Waves that we could keep using our V8 licenses...

But outside of Waves, has anybody seen any others?
There's been reports in an other thread of Avid licenses bought first hand from Avid that were taken.

Wave-T.com