Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-13-2013, 05:31 PM

Default Touching Artist Transport Freezes Up Artist Control in Logic

Hello,

I have an issue with Artist Transport, which I just purchased, locking up or causing my Artist Control to loose connection with Logic. My artist control ran fine up until I paired it with the Artist Transport and now when using Logic (latest version) the soft keys and other data loose there view on the touch screen after touching anything on the Transport even though "Logic" is still in the application name. After touching the transport, things will disconnect within 10 seconds. It also disconnects after that amount of time it seems as well without touching the transport.

I can revive everything by switching to another application and then back to Logic but if I touch Transport again then Logic disconnects.

My Setup:
Artist control set at static ip 169.254.2.3, subnet at 255.255.0.0
Transport set at static ip 169.254.2.4, subnet 255.255.0.0
Running Eucon 2.7 and the latest firmware on each unit.
OSX 10.8.2

I have also tried this in DHCP and with a 192.x.x.x. Everything is recognized by both units for application names, etc until transport is touched. Also, this only appears to happen in Logic but it is also the only app I use the transport. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Touching Artist Transport Freezes Up Artist Control in Logic

I have resolved the disconnecting issue and am able to use Transport a lot longer now. The issue I'm now coming across is that my Artist Control is still freezing along with functions from my Transport. When I look at my list of programs hitting Command/Option/Esc it says that "Eucon is not responding". Does anyone know of a workaround for this?