Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM

Default ProTools 2018.4 No Longer Muting Eleven Rack

Hi,

I'm having a problem with ProTools 2018.4 and Eleven Rack (I use a macbook pro, early 2013, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and Operating System High Sierra 10.13.4). I'm going to try to give all of the info about my problem, but I'm fairly new to all of this, so please forgive me if I'm not explaining things well.

I use 11Rack as my interface and as my Playback Engine. It used to be that when I would set up a new track for recording, I'd set the I/O for the track with the Interface as Eleven Rig L/R and the Output as Main Out L/R.

When I would arm the track to Record, if I muted the track, I would no longer hear the guitar signal coming in (although I could see that it was from the meter bars on the track). Now, when I mute the track, I still here my guitar signal. It mutes the track during playback, but doesn't mute the guitar signal during recording.

In terms of the Options settings: I have Pre-Fader Metering, Delay Compensation, and Low Latency Monitoring engaged.

To the best of my knowledge, I've not changed any settings on either ProTools or the 11Rack. How do I fix/restore/set things up so that when I mute the armed recording track, I no longer hear the incoming signal?

Thanks for any help and advice!

Last edited by hco7777; 05-25-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:35 AM

Default ProTools 2018.4 No Longer Muting Eleven Rack

Turn off track input monitoring. The "I" button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk