How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 02:13 PM

Default New to Reamp on a Mac

I recently bought a Walrus Audio Reamp box.(I have never Reamped before) I do not record real amps and cabinets but through amp sims. I have an Apollo Twin X. I believe that I might have the box connected correctly but I don't really know for sure because it has not worked for me yet. I haven't used a DI box, but what I do in place of a DI box is record with the amp sim and then bypass the amp and I get a clean tone.
(I still have the waveform of the amp sim on the track. Don't know if that makes a difference)

1. I connect the Line out (3) from the Apollo to the input(XLR)on the Reamp
box.
2. I connect the Line out from the Reamp box to the front of the Hi Z input on
the Apollo. I believe this is the correct way to connect, but I am not positive.

This is where I am totally confused, is the routing. If you see the attached, I have the "clean and DI" on the top and just have the output on MON L-R.

The lower track is the REAMP track. Ignore the I/O on that track. I open the IN and where do I go? I see many choices which do not lead me to anything.(see attached) Then there's the busses which I have not included.

If anyone can give me a hand on this I will send good vibes to you for your help.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2023, 02:47 PM

Default Re: New to Reamp on a Mac

Duplicate of https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=425335

Please follow the DUC guidelines and do not post duplicate threads, doing so just wastes other users time here with repeated conversations potentially going on in both threads.
Closed Thread