Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Bugs, feature requests and tip requests!

Ok - this should work, so I'm told. You go to the System Preferences, choose Keyboard, make yourself a macro, type in the name of the menu item (apparently just the name it appears as in the menu, not the menu title), assign a keyboard shortcut and you're away.

Doesn't work for me at all.

1. Tried adding one for Lo-Fi for example, so I could get the audiosuite plugin to spring open ... not a lot happened when i pressed my shortcut key (All the modifers + L) ... anyone had this work?

Keyboard Mastreo (sp?) worked for me but this doesn't. Looks very convenient. Can't see what you do if you have two items with teh same name in different menus though?

2. Also on a seperate but related note is there a way to keep two audiosuite plugins open at the same time, this would be very handy?

3. And finally why can't I set a default configuration for the Gain plug-in. I know there aren't many options to set but I don't know why they'd omit the preset code for this one plugin?

4. Transpose, I used to be able to go Command-T, Tab, -12, Enter and it'd transpose something down an octave, but in recent versions enter has stopped actually doing the transpose, the window just disappears, I'm assuming this is a bug?

5. There's a lot of lag sometimes with the mouse in PT 7, was fine in PT6, when i click on the edit window or timeline sometimes I end up with a selection rather than moving the cursor / playhead? What's this all about, why has it suddenly become horrid under PT7? (using a dual 1Ghz G4)

6. Why is there no keyboard short cut for turning on and off triplets on the grid? This would be handy even if it's a horrid combination of keys I can at least program it into the Xkeys box then?

7. Is there a volume control for the sample playback in the browser window?

8. Is there a way of stopping Waves plugins eating my keystrokes - this is horrible!

9. Can i disable "insertion follows playback" peramently, I hit it by accident all the time because I'm clearly stupid even though it's big and orange on my keyboard!

10. Can Space in teh Browser play the session rahte rthan the sample, choose any other key for playing the sample but space really I just want the session to play not to be blasted in the face by the preview of the sample I just dropped into the track.

11. If there was a way of bringing up a plugin with a particular preset loaded this would be amazing, how about another submenu on the plugin menus (both in the mixer and on the audiosuite menu) with a list of the presets in, this would rock (except of course for the Indigo with it's 20 million presets).

12. Could there be a temporary regions list, like a scrap book for sounds I want to try, like 20 different hi-hat sounds or is there a better way of doing this, maybe Ishould just be sticking them on a track together actually (ignore this one).

13. Why don't the curves tools work for editing midi data and volume automation etc?

k, that's it for now.

All tips appreciated

cheers, J.