Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2015, 09:17 AM

Default New and Basic Stuff-sorry just beginnin

First, let me say I am sorry if this is too basic, but I cannot find the answer in any of the forums. I am new to pro-tools and stared with Pro Tools Express; I have a M-Track Plus interface. I want to use my Beherenger BCF 2000 control to use the faders in pro-tools but it will not work. I followed the instructions and the MIDI controllers will not allow it?
1. Does the Pro Tools Express allow me to use anything other than the original program;
2. If not, what can I do.

Again, sorry for the basic questions.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:56 AM

Default Re: New and Basic Stuff-sorry just beginnin

Nope, control surfaces are not supported, you may have upgrade options to Pro Tools 11, or you could look at Pro Tools First when it comes out. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements. Upgrade costs may look reasonable but try to understand Avid's fairly regressive licensing and support costs and product restrictions with First. There are no shortage of other great DAWs out there that will work with your interface and control surface. Studio One, Reaper,...
Old 03-15-2015, 10:16 AM

You might want to check with M-Audio, as they support the PT Express that comes with their products:

Q: I bought an Akai or M-Audio interface that came with Pro Tools Express. When I look at my Avid account, there are no downloads.
A: Support and downloads for all of the Pro Tools Express software included with the InMusic Brands M-Audio and Akai interfaces is provided by InMusic, not by Avid. You can get downloads and help from their website here:
Installing and Authorizing Avid Pro Tools Express
www.inmusicbrands.com/ptex

On the M-Audio website, you can also find some technical help with this Knowledge Base article:
M-Audio M-Track - Setup with Pro Tools Express

That being said, looking at the PT comparison chart, it doesn't look like Express supports control surfaces:https://www.avid.com/US/common/produ...ols-comparison (FYI I haven't used Express)

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 03-15-2015, 10:40 AM

Since its MAudio, you may not qualify for a Pro Tools 11 upgrade....