Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Liquid Mix in PT LE

Hey fellow users. Was thinking about purchasing a Liquid Mix unit to use with PT (LE 7.1). Anybody have any feedback on these units and how well they integrate with pro tools? I'm particularly concerned about stability, and latency issues. I don't plan on tracking through it, but I'm more concerned with it's playback along with other Midi/ Audio tracks that are not using Liquid Mix plug-ins. I often mix as I go, so I would like to be able to have Liquid Plug ins active on recorded tracks, while still recording new tracks, but I'm afraid this would cause even more latency issues. It's hard enough keeping track of what sounds late due to latency vs what really is late when I'm composing a new track with vst's/hardware synths/ and recorded audio tracks.
Also would I be able to use Liquid Mix as a Master Bus compressor while I'm mixing without issue - would that compensate for latency on individual tracks during playback? I'd like some insight on mixing with the Liquid Mix in PT to see if this unit is right for me. Thanks for any advice / feedback
Old 05-09-2008, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Liquid Mix in PT LE

No Liquid Mix users here? Would really appreciate some feedback before making an expensive mistake? Thanks fellers.

Extra info: I'm on Mac G4 dual 867MDD that's really starting to choke on VI's and RTAS plugs - hence the Liquid Mix consideration. OSX 10.4.11, PT LE 7.1