Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2021, 08:10 PM

Default Help - Pro Tools First projects have disappeared!

I had been using PTF (Mac, 2020.9), for about a year as a stop gap measure. I just purchased Pro Tools (Mac, 2021.3), but here's the problem...

I followed a procedure (on a Pro Tools forum, don't remember which one), on how to completely remove PTF prior to installing PT. Thats all well and good until I went looking for my projects. They are not in the Cloud as I did not store anything there, and nothing is found on the HD. I even went back to a month-old Time Machine backup and again: nothing. The only hint was 12 files in the \project cache\ folder, which happens to be the number of projects I had (or thought I had stored), on my Mac.

Can they somehow be discovered and recovered? The last project was a fairly involved remix of my friends work and I would hate to go back and start from scratch!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!