Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Midi: What is this in my edit window??

www.dashfordaylight.com/PTLE/Midithingy.jpg

I'm new to writing midi in PTLE... and this "T" keeps popping up in my Midi track. THey appear to have something to do with Midi Regions, but they show up in strange places where I've not made a region to my knowledge. I could be wrong. I've poured over the manual, but have no idea what it is, so I'm having problems finding it.

I did find that while writing midi notes, my mod wheel was going haywire and I didn't know it. I had to tape it down. I think this could be why funky weird things were happening to my drum sounds, but I just don't know yet. Aside from that... I just want to know what the T means above.

Thanks!
Jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Midi: What is this in my edit window??

Hi!
That is an indicator...if it is "T" then it means there are Real Time Track Properties enabled. If it were an "R", then it would be Real Time Region Properties.

Goto View->Edit and show Real Time Properties. This will show them for MIDI and Instrument tracks. Disable them all on the track in question, and the "T" will disappear; enable again, and it reappears. Do so for a single region (via the appropriate menu), and you will see an "R" in that single region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.