Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 AM

Default Re: CPU Overload! Help!!!

I bought a Glypgh Hard Drive with no RAID, supposed to be the only drive approved by Digi (it was also quite expensive)

guess what...

I still have the 6101 error and the pro fire disconnect quite often.

For the moment my daisy chain setup is like that :

I mac FW800 > Glyph GT > Glyph FW4oo > Pro Fire

Didn't try to invert the Pro fire and the HD, but i'm not very optimist

Can you tell me more about this script ? is it possible to copy it and try to do the same thing ?

Seems to be impossible to run Pro Tools properly on I mac....
Old 09-21-2009, 04:43 AM

I am a location classical recorder. I must use notebook computers for my work. In the classical location genre - most I know don't use PT as their location DAW - even if we post in it for broadcast/film/CD. I am disappointed that PT REQUIRES a narrow set of hardware that they certify (e.g. I can't use my RME for conversion) but still can't get it to work.

I am currently running no plugs - highest latency - tried all of the suggestions, and get 6101's by only recording 4 tracks at one time. Certainly not Pro.

-D
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistlabz View Post
I bought a Glypgh Hard Drive with no RAID, supposed to be the only drive approved by Digi (it was also quite expensive)

guess what...

I still have the 6101 error and the pro fire disconnect quite often.

For the moment my daisy chain setup is like that :

I mac FW800 > Glyph GT > Glyph FW4oo > Pro Fire

Didn't try to invert the Pro fire and the HD, but i'm not very optimist

Can you tell me more about this script ? is it possible to copy it and try to do the same thing ?

Seems to be impossible to run Pro Tools properly on I mac....
You should be using a FW800 to FW400 adapter cable between the computer and the drive. A FW800 connection anywhere in the chain (in your case, between the computer and the drive) can cause 6101 errors.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
I am a location classical recorder. I must use notebook computers for my work. In the classical location genre - most I know don't use PT as their location DAW - even if we post in it for broadcast/film/CD. I am disappointed that PT REQUIRES a narrow set of hardware that they certify (e.g. I can't use my RME for conversion) but still can't get it to work.

I am currently running no plugs - highest latency - tried all of the suggestions, and get 6101's by only recording 4 tracks at one time. Certainly not Pro.

-D
Can you look at the Help Us Help You thread and provide all the information requested about your system specifics so we can try to determine the cause of the errors?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_gibberish View Post
could you use "please" when you ask questions? because isn't a DonM problem if you can't program a software compatible with the major computers and components on the market. is a your responsibility because people has payed good money, not defective.

Can you please look at the Help Us Help You thread and provide all the information requested about your system specifics so we can try to determine the cause of the errors?

Quote:
and, don't you think you should provide a specific hard drive in the pro tools box if it's needed to make work your software and isn't written over the pro tools 8 box? because people hasn't time to follow all your suggestion, people needs to use your software and not to be an acrobat to make it work.
You don't need a specific hard drive - you need a drive with a specific chipset (Oxford). The system requirements on the box are basic - and refer people to our website for more specific info, since trying to get it all on the box would be impossible. I'm talking to marketing to see what we can do about expanding the system requirement information that's on the box.

I'm sorry you feel you don't have time to follow our setup and configuration information. I'd like to help, but without knowing exactly what we're working with, it's difficult to make any recommendations.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm using a Lacie flat cable and still have the error, I changed the chain to :

Mac FW 800 > Flat Cable > Pro Fire > Glyph
With this chain I got more disconnections and sound drop suddenly, have to manually replug the pro fire every time or reboot the computer. With the other daisy chain setting I've got more 6101 errors.

It works slightly better but impossible to use with VIs or rewire, I'm working on Ableton Live and get absolutely no error. On a simple session in pro tools with some plugs and audio tracks I still got the 6101, I uploaded to 8.01 but you guys seems to forgot to fix this bug.

Or you should be honest and don;t put the Imac on teh compatibility hardware list for Pro Tools, it's unusable.