Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 AM

Default New Pro-Control

When is the new Pro-Control coming out?

And I know your working on it so stop with the I don't know what your talking about!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 03:04 PM

Default Re: New Pro-Control

They didnt tell you yet? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom N:
When is the new Pro-Control coming out?

And I know your working on it so stop with the I don't know what your talking about!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They didn't send you an e-mail?!? What kind of company is this? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 08:01 PM

The word is new console about 12 months out.Large frame big bucks!!
Pro Control nothing new.

But you never know!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 08:08 PM

i give thread a day before stan yanks it. Hey stan! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

www.tompaul.com
Old 07-10-2003, 10:06 AM

Quote:
The word is new console about 12 months out.Large frame big bucks!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know if that's any more than a rumor, but IMO, that would sure be a smart move for Digidesign. I think it would go a long way toward eliminating some of the residual resistance in the big studio world. Some engineers have egos that are far too large to be parked behind a diminutive Pro Control or Control 24. Digidesign really should make a large format for these folks, perhaps with some nice analog front-end stuff built in. It should be expandable to rival the size of the biggest SSL. The bigger and fancier looking it is, the better. It would probably be better if it was NOT cheap, too.

Having such an option would put PT center stage squarely on center stage in big control rooms, and get it on the front cover of Mix, etc. No longer would it be banished to some rickety cart off to the side in such rooms. It would also no longer be an item hauled in at the last minute by some rental company.

The whole scalability thing, from a small inexpensive native system, to the biggest major league room also makes a lot of sense. This is certainly a way that Digidesign can compete with the native forces that are gathering steam.

The more I think of it, the better this sounds.

Lee Blaske
Old 07-24-2003, 08:40 PM

As much as I want to tell you guys what will be at our finger tips I cant! Sorry! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

O this kills ME! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2003, 10:26 PM

You can email all of us ...... can't you? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

---------------------------
http://billsmith.biz
Old 08-24-2003, 02:30 PM

Yep, Need new ProControl that has an analog summing system which would use 192's or a design that has 192's built into console. It's just not going to sell with the current summing busses. Maybe for film and commercials but not for music production I'm hearing next year...........