Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-19-2002, 11:33 AM

Default How to run headphones through Mackie to avoid latency

I know this topic has been brought up more than once. I've read posts on how to do this, but I can't seem to find any of them when I search.

As recommended by many, I want run my headphones through my Mackie 1202VLZpro so that I don't experience any latency during multi-tracking.

For those of you that already do this - please tell me how to route my gear and what settings to make to acheive this ... or direct me to a post that already explains the procedure.

Question: When the low latency setting is checked in PTLE, plug-ins are disabled. Will I be able to use plug-ins - and hear them - if I run my headphones through the Mackie?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:49 AM

Default Re: How to run headphones through Mackie to avoid latency

Hello!

I use the 1604 vlz Mackie. To monitor with the Mackie, I simply run the out put of Digi 001 thru two channels panned L&R, and any synths I may be using thru the other channels. My mic is going into my preamp directly into Digi. I simply record with the buffer at 128(without using low lantency monitor) and I really don't hear any latency. If it's there it's not affecting anything.

I use the Control Room out of the Mackie into my power amp into my speakers. I use the main outs into a headphone mixer.

Hope this helps! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]