Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2016, 10:53 AM

Default Added Accel card, 192s no longer recognized

Title says it all, I added an Accel card to my Mac Pro 1,1 (I know, I need a new box) and now PT 8 HD won't see my 192s. I've tried swapping the flex cable (just to be sure, started with B->A anyways), daisy chained the 192s on both the Core and Accel cards, and tried with one 192 on each card, still nothing. 192s aren't seen by PT or the Audio manager, but both pass a DigiTest. I wiped and re-installed PT just to make sure that wasn't the issue - it wasn't.

I used to have my cards set up technically wrong, I had GPU in slot #1, slot #2 empty (my GPU gets pretty hot, again I know I need an upgrade), Core Card in slot #3, and wifi in slot #4. I moved the Core to 2 and put the Accel in 3, could that be the issue? I'm at work and I just thought of this so I'll try swapping when I get home.

I'm also thinking that if that doesn't work, I'll wipe PT again, take out both cards, do a few reboots, then reinstall the cards and PT, see it that tells everything where it's supposed to look. Maybe that's overkill, who knows.

Any help here greatly appreciated!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Added Accel card, 192s no longer recognized

Just so we're clear here - are you saying that Digitest DOES see the 192s but Pro Tools DOESN'T?

If that's the case first thing I would do is a good old preference trash - including DigiSetup.OSX and DAE Prefs. If you haven't already.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:13 AM

That's right, during a DigiTest both cards and both 192s are seen, and there are no failures during the test.
Then both the Core Audio Manager app and PT say there's not interface attached.

I tried pulling both cards and wiping everything Digidesign off the system, then reinstalling the cards and PT and still the problem persists.

I was looking for DigiSetup.osx and DAE prefs and couldn't find them in my /Users/name/LibraryPreferences. Even tried looking at the folders with Terminal, still no dice. If it matters, I'm on OS X 10.7.5, and my PT HD version is 8.0.3.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:31 PM

I've decided it's time to do a full system wipe (it's a long time coming, this system is super crowded as it is). If that doesn't fix this, I'll come back here offering my first born for a solution.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:12 AM

Well this is annoying. Turns out it was one of my Analog Audio cards in my first 192 going bad, not the Accel card after. So I guess that's not super terrible after all.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:08 AM

Good catch. It's the hardest to diagnose when something fails at the very moment you change something else in your system. Glad you got it worked out. At least the going rate for 2nd hand 192s and cards is in your favour!