Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Default AirPhaser and 11Rack Kills Left Out

Was having a major problem where the left headphone output would go silent randomly. It always happened when pressing play - I could here the "pop" and the left channel was dead and the right slightly muted. I reinstalled the 11R plugin, drivers, reset the 11R to factory settings, updating everything and anything on the computer, etc., etc., etc. The only fix was to shut down PT (I'm using 9) and starting it back up (when PT9 was closed, the audio came back, so I know it wasn't a hw problem - phew). I happened to notice that when this happened, one of the audio tracks also lost the left channel (bass, recorded through 11R, but not the others. If I changed the output from Main Out to ReAmp, I could hear the audio come back (but when switching back to Main Out, the left channel was still dead). I created a new track and copied everything and everything seemed good, for a few minutes and then it happened again. I noticed that I had an "Air Phaser" plugin on the track, which I don't have on any other ones. I removed it and the problem went away. Sorry for the long description, but this was extremely frustrating and hopefully the details may help someone with a similar issue.