Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 12-31-2010, 06:35 AM

Talking File Details

All,

I was wondering if there is a way that I can print out what channels are going where? For instance.. I am using all of my aux's and Vari auxes and the file is fairly complex... I am trying to view the routing on a global scale if you will, to get an overview of where a given channel is routed.

I know I can select the banks and see if a channel is routed to an aux by by the solo function. I am looking for a solution to be able to actually see on paper if you will where everything is going..

Am I asking too much? I have a lot of stuff (routing/high ch count etc) going and it gets a bit much to wrap my head around when looking for options on adding anything to my mix. I am using a good portion of this consoles (Profile) ability and sometimes my brain just swims thinking about where a given item may or may not be going and you can't ask the tech's to stick around to help you figure it out...

I know about the info file (good stuff) but it does not cover what I am looking for to my knowledge..

Any ideas?

Thanks peeps and Happy New Year!

Cheers!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 PM

Default Re: File Details

Unfortunately, I do not think VENUE will do a info file to the detail you are looking for. I know that would be a great feature to have.

I think you mentioned this in your original posting, but you can export a "patch list" from going to the Patchbay and clicking the button to the top-right of the screen that has the icon of a list on it. That is as much detail patchwise that you can get out of the console.

Hope this helps a little.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |