Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Details on the 001-002 exchange???

I think i may be stepping up to the 002. Being one of the first 001 owners for pc, i am seeing that my hardware is now on the endangered species list. While i am sure digi will continue to support the 001, my appetite for a monster laptop and a fully portable rig is egging me on to go firewire.

I just called digi seeing that they where open till 5:30 pm pacific time (maybe 5:00) and it is just 4:30 now. I went through about 4 automated messages and then began to wait for a customer rep. Then the message "i am sorry but we are currently closed for our weekly staff meeting call back on another day". Geeeeez. Now i gotta wait till monday to get my info. So let me ask here.

How exactly does the exchange program work? Do i have to ship back my 001 and wait till they recieve and process it before they ship me an 002? Do i have to pay for shipping? Do i have to pay for taxes? It says that my hardware must be recieved 30 days after the exchange what exactly does that mean?

Do i get the full package with the free software bonus right now or do i miss out cuase its not an original purchase? When i ship my 001 back can i keep my lightpipe cable and all my original booklets (including my fully featured pt manaul in spiral format)?

I am just trying to figure out it if is worth trading up or purchasing the 002r new.

Christian
Old 04-02-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Details on the 001-002 exchange???

Call Alto Music and they will do the exchange for you AND give you a far better price that anywhere else I have seen. They can also answer any of the questions you have. I just ordered an 002r as an upgrade to my 001. They are charging my card the full amount and will apply the refund to my card when they receive my 001. They made it very easy and at a better price.....

www.altomusic.com