Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-23-2005, 01:41 PM

Default A thanks to the Digi staff !

Its true, we've been hard with the Digidesign tech support staff over the past several weeks, but when your income is based on things working, its truely difficult to be calm, especially when you have 14 engineers crawling down your throat for answers, and there is nothing immediate to given them.
So we want to take this time to thank the Digidesign staff for going to the mat for us, and other users, who've had similar problems with Pro-Tools 6.9.1 MTC operations. More than 60% of our day is locking to timecode via MicroLynx syncronizers, video and Pro-Tools, which had a software issue, preventing us from using it.
The guys from Digidesign - L.A., came to our facility, looked at the problem, then looked at how we worked, went back to their code writers in Daly City, and within 7 days we had a working patch - 6.9.1 cs3, something that - with their production schedule is unheard of.
So this is to show that, we can be just as big about returning a thank you, as we were at beating them over the head with this
problem.
So guys - Thank You !

The Technical & Engineering Staff
L.A. Studios
Old 09-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: A thanks to the Digi staff !

Damn. that's impressive. It's nice to hear that they were so responsive.

I've never had an issue on that leve, but with my 002R, I had the infamous power supply/harness failure, and they were unbelievably fast in turining it around. AND..they even paid for the next day freight back to me. I don't know of any manufacturer that does that, and I deal with tons of them every day.

-Dave
Old 09-24-2005, 06:31 AM

It´s great that they solve these problems other people have in secret and provide the solution only to one user.

I`m really glad they solved this problem while I still get "missed sync point" errors all day long with MTC lock.

Last thing I heard was that they logged this as an official bug but they wouldn´t say when or if this would be fixed.

Does a digi-user have to work on trillion-$-budget hollywood movies to get this kind of service?

frank.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 AM

Quote:
It´s great that they solve these problems other people have in secret and provide the solution only to one user.

I`m really glad they solved this problem while I still get "missed sync point" errors all day long with MTC lock.

Last thing I heard was that they logged this as an official bug but they wouldn´t say when or if this would be fixed.

Does a digi-user have to work on trillion-$-budget hollywood movies to get this kind of service?

frank.
They have provided it to more than one user. You can download it from the download section. And it wasn't just one user who had this problem in secret. I posted this as a bug and I had a long dialog with the Digi guys to help replicate the problem. I don't always work on big movies but we all get this kind of service if there is a problem that affects a group of users and the fault is repeatable. Have you downloaded cs3 and tried to see if it fixes your bug? It probably will.
Hope this helps
Simon L.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I don't always work on big movies but we all get this kind of service if there is a problem that affects a group of users and the fault is repeatable.
Well, if this were true, there would have been a cs for v6.4.1 with the stop at shuttle speed zero fix from v6.6/6.9. We have nine (9) systems, and are plagued by this everyday. Allegedly we are the only people complaining about it, but this problem "affects a group of users and the fault is repeatable."