Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2016, 10:33 PM

Default Re: having trouble with a T racks AAX plug

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like more work. CS should keep them out of your DAW, and you should have the the ability to populate what you want. I am neat and tidy. Clutter keeps me away from what really matters....recording and mixing.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
Thanks for the advice. It sounds like more work. CS should keep them out of your DAW, and you should have the the ability to populate what you want. I am neat and tidy. Clutter keeps me away from what really matters....recording and mixing.

IK, just like UA, doesn't see the need to supply us with a manager that would install only the ones we paid for. Marketing seems to think that having deadbeat plugins in our sessions will entice us to buy them.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-05-2016, 10:45 PM

I hear you. What it makes one do is what it is making me do now. Even though I have used TR in the past with my first PT6 and mbox1, I am already getting a bad taste in my mouth. I know I paid 19.99 for this plug from Musicians' Friend, but the hassle is not worth it. There are so many other plugs out there that don't shove stuff into your DAW. When it comes down to it, only other mixers may know you use a certain plug. The screaming girls at the concert could care less.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:21 PM

Default having trouble with a T racks AAX plug

I just checked my rig and it seems that IK, in its tradition of lazy coding for PT, has omitted AudioSuite support for its plugins. I have quite a few and they are not avail from the audiosuite menu.

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1

Last edited by Benny_Cha_Cha; 02-06-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:45 PM

I have used the products that came with mbox1 factory pack. I did like the EQ, but for all the trouble, I am going to stop buying IK plugs. Thankfully I only spent 20 bucks on this compressor
Old 02-07-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
I just checked my rig and it seems that IK, in its tradition of lazy coding for PT, has omitted AudioSuite support for its plugins. I have quite a few and they are not avail from the audiosuite menu.
You can add NI plugins to that list as well. Their Tech Support has no idea what AS even is.

QAPLA!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:07 AM

IDK what version of PT you're on but if you're on 12.3 or higher you could basically use track commit as audiosuite. It's certainly the best way to "audiosuite" a chain of plugins at once.

For as frustrating as their plugins can be (had to ditch ARC 2 for SonarWorks,) I gotta say that a lot of their plugins sound great.

It's a tough call as their tech support is pretty weak (Peter excepted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
I have used the products that came with mbox1 factory pack. I did like the EQ, but for all the trouble, I am going to stop buying IK plugs. Thankfully I only spent 20 bucks on this compressor

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 02-07-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
IDK what version of PT you're on but if you're on 12.3 or higher you could basically use track commit as audiosuite. It's certainly the best way to "audiosuite" a chain of plugins at once.

For as frustrating as their plugins can be (had to ditch ARC 2 for SonarWorks,) I gotta say that a lot of their plugins sound great.

It's a tough call as their tech support is pretty weak (Peter excepted).
IK Peter really isn't in tech support (he's told me as much).

QAPLA!