Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 PM

Default 7.2 BUG - Video import w/different frame-rate

man, I still feel like I'm beta-testing this thing.

Symptom: Protools won't know when a movie-track no longer exists and won't allow movies with different frame-rate to be imported

To recreate:

- import a movie at 24fps to a movie-track
- delete the movie-track
- import a movie at 29.97fps...

result: it won't let you since it still thinks it has a movie-track at 24fps. 'MAIN TRACK' remains greyed out.

inbetween fix: remove all old movies out of the region bin, and then it will let you import at 29.97fps, however, still not to the MAIN TRACK.

-charles
Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: 7.2 BUG - Video import w/different frame-rate

Charles,

Since PT now supports multiple videos, when you delete the video track it does not remove the video from the region bin...look at the bottom of your region bin select the video and remove from session...then import your new video

sorry only read half your post....you already knew this. but i will take that small hassel for the joy of multiple videos
Old 08-05-2006, 04:32 AM

I've also had this. Our Foley stage is running a MIx+ and a FUSEX card. We used a DV movie for shooting Foley. We imported the Mix+ session into 7.2. and it said it was 29.97. We know for certain it's 25fps. We deleted the DV movie added a new Cut of the film to resync and it would not import. Coming up with the same error message about different frame rates. In the end I made a new clean session and imported tracks.

Paul McFadden
Supervising Sound Editor
Doctor Who
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01 PM

A silly work around for this is to create a quicktime movie that references its original movie, and then open the second movie and and copy and paste it at the end of the first movie... and save. Then import the "referenced movie" into Pro Tools... and cut it up. Not entirely a perfect solution, but it seems to work pretty well. The only problem I have run into using this moethod is importing audio off of "referenced" movies when one of the tracks is compressed.

Also, if you have a moive already imported, how do you them import the audio track off of it?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 08-08-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Also, if you have a moive already imported, how do you them import the audio track off of it?

Thanks,

Tom
Open IMPORT AUDIO and select your quicktime. If it has a valid audio track embedded, you can import the file like a normal sound.
IMDB
LinkedIn