Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 04-22-2021, 06:07 PM

Default Avid Carbon sidechain delay compensation

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask you guys if you know something about this feature.
The technician (Kamil) told me that with the new Hybrid engine, we'll get the sidechain delay compensation that is not present in native version but just in HDX systems.

NOW. I've read that the HDX playback engine runs a DSP mixer (DUH!) but the Avid Carbon, although packed with 8 hdx chips, runs a native mixer, so...I am wondering if maybe sidechain delay compensation won't work with native mixer. Or am I missing something here?...

Also, do you guys know if sidechain delay comepsnation runs just for DSP plugins and not their native counterparts?...

Sidechain delay compensation is the first thing I am moving to an HDX system, planning to expand with more cards in the future as well.

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-23-2021, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Avid Carbon sidechain delay compensation

Hi everyone,

I just got informed that sidechain latency is compensated by Avid Carbon. So if everyone was wondering, I got back from the product champion and he has confirmed to me that this function is active in Carbon.

Thanks to Kamil and the Avid team