Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 AM

Default Music note misalignment

I run Scorch with an old iPad2 and have a problem when an entire page of music is on the display, (in portrait format).
The issue is that some notes, particularly around the first line or space appear in the wrong place, so a note which is actually on the 'G' line appears below in the 'F' space, until the display is expanded, then it moves into the correct place.
Any suggestions?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Music note misalignment

What size do you set the staves in your score? When you say expanded, is that when you go into music stand mode with no menu bars?

i typically produce my own scores and set the stave between 7 and 8. You may want to play with that settiing. I have checked and get it and also noticed the f tends to spread over the e line and that with four parts, its worse on the staves for the lower part.

(Ipad 2 and landscape but just like 4 staves and between 2 and 4 bars depending on the amount of lyrics and tend to use pdfs in a separate application these days)

Last edited by Fraser.Sims; 02-21-2015 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:42 AM

Thanks, the problem happens when I download a piece of music from any of the vendors. The music, when displayed as a single page in portrait shows a notehead in the first space, when it should be on the second line. if you either resize the notes and reduce the amount of score shown or zoom in on the ipad then the note jumps up to where it should be positioned. I guess as it does not appear to be a common problem then it must be a hardware issue in my ipad?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:20 AM

Here is a picture of the problem, apologies for the poor quality. Please see the note on the standard page size as compared with the zoomed in version. The note appears to move from mostly in the F space to the correct G line.
Any comments
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM

Be interesting to know if anyone with a retina display is getting it. Could be an ipad 2 screen resolution thing. I assume there is no issue in landscape. I hadnt noticed it before you said but i tend to work landscape these days.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:13 PM

Be interesting to know if anyone with a retina display is getting it. Could be an ipad 2 screen resolution thing. I assume there is no issue in landscape. I hadnt noticed it before you said but i tend to work landscape these days. This attachment is from landscape
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 01:15 PM

This is from portrait, notice the e anf f appear more displaced on the two lower staves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (54.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 01:16 PM

And this is the same crop from portrait as the previous one but in music stand view with no menu bars and the appearance is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 01:39 PM

And this is the same crop from a pdf in portrait on forScore, my app of choice now adays as its rock solid and feature rich and convert everything to pdf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (57.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 AM

Fraser Simms......many thanks for your posts. I think the problem may be caused by the method used in the app to produce the lines and notes. Talking to a web/app designer at the weekend, there are a number of ways to do the task and it looks as if a full graphics package was not used to draw the note heads, hence the misalignment with the lines. I also had wondered if a higher resolution display would help but after that discussion I don't think it will make any difference......but it would be good if an iPad with retina display could have a look at the problem
Thanks
Bob