Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Default Power Outage !

While I was working at my HOME studio today there was a power outage . This is the first time this has happened to me . I was planning on getting some sort of UPS but procrastinating has finally snagged me for this happened without me having one. Once the power went , I turned everything to its off position. Power came back on , I powered up again . I expected hd errors and pop ups or corrupted sessions but everything seems to be fine. The only thing I lost was the guitar I was in the middle of tracking ! A bit surprised ! The 002 , the outboard gear . My question is , is there anything I should be checking for damage that wouldn't necessarily show itself at first glance ? Could anything inside my UA 6176 be damaged ? Or , if it's performing like usual then I got lucky ? A bit paranoid because I've heard of peoples gear ruined over a simple brown out without UPS , Thanks