Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2022, 12:25 PM

Default reinstatment problems

I have a client that has been using Pro tools for years (he’s on PT10). He just bought a new computer and was considering switching to Logic since he didn’t want a PT subscription. I convinced him to stick with PT since he likes it, knows it, and didn’t really want to learn Logic.

So he bought a reinstatement from Guitar Center and now he is having trouble using it. His account doesn’t have a place to enter a code for a reinstatement. The products that are listed in his account that I would think might take a code are LE PT8, M-powered to PT9 crossgrade, and an LE to PT10 crossgrade. However, they are listed as crossgrades and they don’t have a place to enter a reinstatement code. According to his iLok account he has PT10 so I would think there would be a place in his account to be able to upgrade from that. He’s contacted support and is getting the run around. Seems like this shouldn’t be very hard to fix. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid Account .jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT10 .jpg (57.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg iLok.jpg (36.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2022, 03:29 PM

Default Re: reinstatment problems

I suspect he purchased the wrong thing (and you don't say what *exact* product name/SKU he did purchase so...). See the Sweetwater upgrade finder as one starting point https://www.sweetwater.com/shop/pro-...upgrade/finder.

He could try Guitar Center support, especially since he may have purchased the wrong product, but jeez in future don't buy stuff from that dump. It would not surprise me at all if he even got help from GC staff to buy the wrong product.

He may have purchased a support plan "Renewal" (that's for somebody who is on on an active support plan) not a "License Upgrade" (for somebody with a lapsed support plan or who was never on one).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-30-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFilterLab View Post
... So he bought a reinstatement from Guitar Center and now he is having trouble using it. His account doesn’t have a place to enter a code for a reinstatement. The products that are listed in his account ... M-powered to PT9 crossgrade, and an LE to PT10 crossgrade. However, they are listed as crossgrades and they don’t have a place to enter a reinstatement code...
I'm not in a rush but I'll be interested to see whether Crossgrades eventually get the green light to upgrade, as I have a Pro Tools 11HD Crossgrade from CPTK Perpetual license, which also does not show a "Get Current" way of adding a Reinstatement Code.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-30-2022, 10:47 PM

I have a cross grade from Pro Tools 9 LE that has had every type of renewal and reinstatement applied to it. I'm pretty sure this is a red herring.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-31-2022 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:38 AM

Quote:
I have a client that has been using Pro tools for years (he’s on PT10). He just bought a new computer and was considering switching to Logic since he didn’t want a PT subscription. I convinced him to stick with PT since he likes it, knows it, and didn’t really want to learn Logic.

So he bought a reinstatement from Guitar Center and now he is having trouble using it. His account doesn’t have a place to enter a code for a reinstatement. The products that are listed in his account that I would think might take a code are LE PT8, M-powered to PT9 crossgrade, and an LE to PT10 crossgrade. However, they are listed as crossgrades and they don’t have a place to enter a reinstatement code. According to his iLok account he has PT10 so I would think there would be a place in his account to be able to upgrade from that. He’s contacted support and is getting the run around. Seems like this shouldn’t be very hard to fix. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2023, 02:56 AM

I see ya from Minneapolis! Im right down the highway from you. Anyways he's has to open up a support ticket & they'll look it up & fix the issue at no cost. The best way to do it is go to the Protools support group on Facebook. Avid staff seems to hangout there more. Post your issue & one of them will respond usually within 12 hours. Whoever responds will tell you to open up a support ticket & after you do so dm them your ticket number. That's how you bypass the line & wait time on the Avid site. I went from LE 7,8 they upgraded me to 10-12 for free then to 15 which gotten upgraded to Protools Studio & studio works on my old 003 console. When Avid bought out Digi Design they try phasing out the old hardware then realize ppl still use it. So eventually they started supporting all DAWs which was a great idea so the previous PT owners of the older hardware automatically gotten the free upgrades. They stopped using codes now its verified by the last subscription on Ilok & if its too old which it sounds like they'll update it to the most recent version of Protools.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Avid

If you can provide me the case number I can also check it from my end. Also if you got a reinstatement code for a Pro Tools 10, it needs to be redeemed using the Register Software with Code page. That will initiate the whole activation process including surrendering the old license.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
... I have a Pro Tools 11HD Crossgrade from CPTK Perpetual license, which also does not show a "Get Current" way of adding a Reinstatement Code.
I submitted Case Number 04567005 today

I couldn't work out why I couldn't Upgrade my (Crossgraded) PT HD 11 Bundle - until searching the DUC revealed Bruce Paine's Post from 07-03-2013.
It appears Avid gave me the wrong PT HD 11 Bundle when I cross-graded; my Bundle included CPTK by mistake:

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
First off, my apologies for taking longer than expected to clarify the CPTK upgrade information but I wanted to research first so that I knew I was giving the complete information.

When the Pro Tools + CPTK upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 first went live over the weekend following the launch of Pro Tools 11 on Friday, June 21st, there was a clerical error in the product setup on the Avid Online Store. In error, the CPTK license being surrendered was added back into the bundled upgrade license, so that customers who did the upgrade received the following bundle:

PT+CPTK to PTHD11 XGD
Pro Tools 11
Pro Tools HD 10
Complete Production Toolkit
Pro Tools 10
Pro Tools HD 11
This error was discovered and corrected on Wednesday June 26th, and now deposits the correct bundle during activation, with the following licenses in the bundle:

Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle
Pro Tools HD 11
Pro Tools 11
Pro Tools HD 10
Pro Tools 10
The correct bundle is the exact same bundled license that anyone else upgrading to Pro Tools HD 11 from Pro Tools HD 9 or HD 10 software would get, or anyone buying a new HD Native or HDX system with Pro Tools HD 11 software.

A few more details….

There was never any intention to include the surrendered CPTK license with the exchange to Pro Tools HD software. It was a mistake by Avid and corrected when discovered. The CPTK has been discontinued in an effort to simplify the product line, not make it more complicated with different licenses.

Pro Tools HD 11 as noted, includes the license for Pro Tools HD 10, which gives the same feature set as Pro Tools 10 with Complete Production Toolkit.

Going forward, the few customers that received the early version of the "PT+CPTK to PTHD11 XGD" will have the exact same upgrade path in the future as anyone else with the Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle license. There is absolutely no intention to separate any CPTK customers that upgrade to PTHD 11 software in any way from all other Pro Tools HD 11 owners.

Because this upgrade process involved multiple scenarios, and multiple license surrenders to a single bundle, this upgrade has been a bit more challenging to implement.

We apologize for any confusion caused by the hiccups getting there.

This was the bit that encouraged me to pursue a positive outcome:
"the few customers that received the early version of the "PT+CPTK to PTHD11 XGD" will have the exact same upgrade path in the future as anyone else with the Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle license. There is absolutely no intention to separate any CPTK customers that upgrade to PTHD 11 software in any way from all other Pro Tools HD 11 owners."

Big thanks to Admin Emeritus Bruce!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-13-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
If you can provide me the case number I can also check it from my end. Also if you got a reinstatement code for a Pro Tools 10, it needs to be redeemed using the Register Software with Code page. That will initiate the whole activation process including surrendering the old license.
Thank you for offering to help. Here is his case number:04557917
Old 01-13-2023, 12:48 PM
Avid

Quote:
Thank you for offering to help. Here is his case number:04557917
We apologize about the inconvenience as well. I coordinated your case with our CS team supervisor as well.