Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-29-2022, 07:04 PM

Default I need non-subscription Perpetual HD/Ultimate Licenses.

I need 3 Pro Tools HD/Ultimate Perpetual (NOT monthly/yearly subscription) licenses for 3 Mac Pros that will all be running simultaneously and will not have any internet access.

I’m planning on using these systems like this for many years (including never having internet access). I planned to buy the perpetual licenses last year, but things got delayed a bit, and now I’m reading that Avid is going subscription only (which will not work for me).

I have the 3 Mac Pros with HD Native cards and Avid IO ready to go (again, they have to run simultaneously and will not have internet access).

What are my options?
Old 09-29-2022, 07:59 PM

Default Re: I need non-subscription Perpetual HD/Ultimate Licenses.

You could try asking dealers if they have any new perpetual Pro Tools Ultimate licenses left.

Failing that (and maybe cheaper anyhow...)...

Buy some used perpetual Pro Tools HD license that will quality for use with an upgrade (aka reinstatement). Upgrading from HD 9 and later will work. As always you want a license purchase via iLok license transfer to your iLok account *not* the sale of a physical iLok or the take-over of somebody else's iLok account.

Upgrading from Pro Tools 9 HD and similar old versions you have to buy this upgrade (used to be called a reinstatement) from an authorized Avid dealer. There is a discount program running now.

The reason for working though an official dealer is if you are not totally clear what you need and are asking here... work though a hopefully knowledgeable sales rep at an official dealer and you won't screw up buying the wrong thing on the Avid store etc.

AFAIK there is no need to do a transfer of ownership though Avid unless you are buying HD hardware with these licenses. And registering the upgrade will get you access to download products etc. (which you already have anyhow).