Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Just got mac and pro tools LE 7.1.3... VERY CONFUSED

ok i have a lot of questions...

i installed pro tools LE 7.1.3 on my macbook pro a couple weeks ago... in the installation CD there are a bunch of folders with plug ins in them... being new to the whole pro tools thing, i installed as many as i could, but every time i opened pro tools i would get like 100 of these annoying authorization messages saying i need an ilok... ok, ill just buy an ilok, so i do and set up the whole ilok account... now i realize that none of those plug ins are free and i have to buy authorization codes to be sent to my ilok account, right? ok thats cool but i dont want these annoying authorization messages to keep coming up... ive tried uninstalling protools completely but when i reinstall it these authorization messages keep coming back!!!!!! HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE ANNOYING PLUG INS...

second...
my pro tools pack came with this "free ignition pack gift" but thats not free either, right?? i mean theyre all just demos.. but i also got this thing about a music production toolkit and i thought, sweet these must be the free plugins that they include with pro tools and on the info sheet about the MP tool kit it said i needed an ilok to authorize (which is the REAL reason why i bought the ilok) so now im really confused... it keeps saying stuff about authorization codes to work the music production tool kit and im thinking, i have none, i search everywhere and all over the internet about how to use and install the music production tool kit and i get no where... now im thinking, im just an idiot and thought it was all free so i bought an ilok for nothing and spent all this time trying to install a program i still need to buy (even though the installer for the MP tool kit is right on the pro tools CD)

i dont get it... i dont understand all this authorization stuff
im so pissed off if ive wasted all my time on trying to authorize something i still need to buy

am i just an idiot? someone please enlighten me

Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Just got mac and pro tools LE 7.1.3... VERY CONFUSED

Hi, I have coincidendly just downloaded this "Tech-Support Guide/App" from another thread. It will allow you to get rid of the annoying "Unauthorisation" boxes. All is explained in the "read me"
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...id=37721&eid=0
Old 07-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Administrator

You have probably installed updates for optional paid plug-in or other software that was not included with the particular product that you purchased. If you have installed other software, see the page linked from the iLok Authorization Info link on the right side of the Support section:
http://www.digidesign.com/support

Near the top on that page is a link to this page:
Pop-up Authorization Messages - Trial Licenses - Removing Optional Plug-Ins & Software
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=19348

Quote:
Pop-up Authorization Messages

All Digidesign plug-ins and software that require an additional purchase (and many from third-party developers) require an iLok license for authorization.

When the Pro Tools application is launched, a message will appear for each plug-in or software option that requires iLok authorization if the license for that sofware is not found on an iLok connected to your computer.

Pro Tools installers and installation disks include various installers for optional plug-ins and software in order to allow existing owners of these options to install or update software for which they have licenses.

If you have installed optional plug-ins or software that you did not purchase, and you do not have an iLok license to use these items, you can remove the software using the instructions below. Once you do, the pop-up authorization message will no longer appear during Pro Tools startup. The procedure for removing the expired (demo) software is different depending on the software type and platform. Information on trial licenses is at the bottom of this page...
Information on how to authorize the Ignition Pack 2 and Ignition Pack 2 Pro can be found here:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=25023

(linked from the Quick Links -> Featured Downloads page in the Support section)

The second half of that Featured Downloads & Download Help page has more information that will help with creating a My Digi account, which you will need to activate the Ignition Pack 2.

You said that you have Pro Tools 7.1.3. If that is the case, then it would be Pro Tools LE 7.1.3 for the Mbox 2 Pro Digidesign hardware. There was no version or Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1.3 for M-Audio hardware, or PTLE 7.1.3 for any other LE interface.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 AM

yes i bought an mbox 2 pro and it came with pro tools 7.1.3... does the music production toolkit come free with this version of pro tools???
Old 07-14-2007, 12:39 PM

are the plug ins that are included with the ignition pack free or are they all just free trials?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
yes i bought an mbox 2 pro and it came with pro tools 7.1.3... does the music production toolkit come free with this version of pro tools???
Unfortunately not. MPT is around $ 500.

Quote:
are the plug ins that are included with the ignition pack free or are they all just free trials?
These are all free, but they have reduced features in comparison to the full versions.