Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2016, 09:56 PM

Default Can't hear track being recorded when in Low Latency mode

Thanks to AVID for publishing the MBox Driver today. It works. However, when plugging the mic in and recording I cannot hear the vocal I am putting down in my headphones when Low Latency monitoring is engaged. If I de-select Low Latency Monitoring I can hear myself in the headphones.

In the full version I was using (8.03) and all versions I have used over the past 18 years I could enable/disable Auto Input Monitoring or Input Only Monitoring and hear what I was recording in Low Latency mode. NEITHER Input Only Monitoring OR Low Latency Monitoring are available under the Menu Item "TRACK." Neither are there anymore.

Is this a known problem in ProTools First or is this related to the new driver. I do not think it has anything to do with the Control Panel. Oh, which begs the question - should I enable or disable "Host Control" on the Control Panel. I have never understood what the Control Panel was for...been recording for years and ignoring it.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Can't hear track being recorded when in Low Latency mode

OK - 220 people have read this so let me ask another way. Are any of you who are plugging a microphone or guitar into PT1st able to hear what you are singing or playing as you record in Low Latency mode? I can only hear what I am singing in my headphones when I turn Low Latency Mode off.
I am using the new MBOX3 driver that was published yesterday.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:42 PM

Sorry no one has responded to this yet. I also have mbox pro 3 on a windows platform.
Disable host control will Disable pro tools (or any daw for that matter ) to manipulate the sound. U would have to manage everything from the device control panel that would prove NOT effective. Generally you don't want to check disable host control unless you have a special reason to imo

As to the low latency mode and the sound going mute. Exact same thing happened to me. However at times it had worked with low latency monitoring on. I'm not 100%;on why it's doing this. Perhaps someone else may chime in
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 AM

Thanks for answering.
I have not been able to fix it yet. It renders PT1st unusable for me. So I have gone back to my Mac Mini with Snow Leopard and PT 8.03.
Because I also like using my rMPB2015 I bought Logic Pro X 10.1.2. Pretty damned impressed with Logic.