Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Question Motor Fader Firmware gone

Hi Guys,
One morning I turned on my D-Command and the faders didn't move. Faders=> on. But they won't move. They won't calibrate when turning D-Command on. In the firmware menu (in the soft buttons area) I had firmware for D-Command, firmware for Xmon but no firmware version for "Motors".
Two days after (all desk working BUT the faders) they would come to life again, the same way as they left. This secuence happened twice with months in between.
I tried restoring the firmware by deselecting the D-Command and ethernet peripherials. A firmware update window would open warning me it would update firmware from one version to exactly the same (I don't remember which one now). And after a couple of minutes, some ethernet connection problem would cancel the process. I tried changing the ethernet cable for a cross one wired directly to the Mac with no success.
Any clue on what's going on? I couldn't find anyone in the forum with the same problem...
thanks.