Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2014, 10:15 AM

Default "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program."

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Roland Duo-Capture EX with the intention to use it in combination with Pro Tools 10 on Windows 8.

When I start up Pro Tools, and choose the Duo-Capture EX as the playback engine, I receive an error stating: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program." No other programs are running in the background and I am using the latest Win8 drivers which I downloaded from Roland's support web page.

I've tested the Duo-capture as default sound card in windows control panel and it seems to work fine, which means that it is Window 8 compatible. So, I'm led to believe that the issue must be with Pro-Tools.

So maybe first, the question: Is Duo-Capture EX compatible with Pro-Tools 10? The guy in the shop said that it is but now I'm having some doubts...

If it is compatible, then I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully you kind people can help find a solution.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM

Default Re: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocklip View Post
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Roland Duo-Capture EX with the intention to use it in combination with Pro Tools 10 on Windows 8.

When I start up Pro Tools, and choose the Duo-Capture EX as the playback engine, I receive an error stating: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program." No other programs are running in the background and I am using the latest Win8 drivers which I downloaded from Roland's support web page.

I've tested the Duo-capture as default sound card in windows control panel and it seems to work fine, which means that it is Window 8 compatible. So, I'm led to believe that the issue must be with Pro-Tools.

So maybe first, the question: Is Duo-Capture EX compatible with Pro-Tools 10? The guy in the shop said that it is but now I'm having some doubts...

If it is compatible, then I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully you kind people can help find a solution.
Hi,

When you go to the playback engine settings, is the duo assigned as the audio interface? (Audio engine)

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Default Re: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program."

Yep - During startup I hold down the "N" key to bring up the playback engine window... then I choose the Duo-Capture EX. When I press OK I get the error.

PT starts up just fine if I choose Realtek ASIO (the built-in card) but once I change the playback engine to Duo under the setup menu, the same error pops up again and PT closes... It's been a stressful weekend
Old 06-23-2014, 04:53 PM

Im having the same problem with the duo capture ex! Do you have any solution????
Old 12-04-2014, 05:00 AM

hi guys, did you manage to solve this issue?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 AM

Same thing with me. Tried the Duo-Capture EX with Pro Tools 11 on Windows 7. Same messages, same result. Could choose ASIO but when trying to switch to Duo Capture the program closes.

Any further information on this?