Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 02-12-2021, 02:00 PM

Default Macro triggering track layouts and PT memory locations switch.

Hi all,

So I've been using soft keys to trigger Track Layouts on the S6 and at the same time change change PT Memory locations which have programmed visible tracks. So I flip my custom layouts to dialogue, music, verbs etc etc etc. It's really handy because it's less clicking but I ran into the following issue - I'm currently on an M10 which can only assign 24 tracks to a layout which sometimes is too little for a given food group. Instead, I figured I'll just go out of Layout mode for that and just let the S6 display all the tracks visible in PT so I can bank. So in short I need a way to tell the S6 to go OUT of track layout mode.

I can't find a command like that so for now my work around is to trigger a layout and then trigger it again (with a delay of 50ms) and that switches it out. It's not consistent though - probably 50% of the time it works and the rest of the time it doesn't switch out from the layout mode. Any idea how I could achieve this easier?

Also, unrelated - sometimes when i hit preview all my tracks light up green as if I touched everything. I have to go out and back into preview to un-green everything. Any idea what's happening?
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2021, 02:51 PM
Avid

Default Re: Macro triggering track layouts and PT memory locations switch.

Greetings,

It sounds like a timing issue. I believe you are approaching it in the correct way. The surface function mapped to trigger recalling a 1:1 layout is also used to close the same layout and return to standard banked channels view. I know they are working on refining a lot of the soft key triggers in the current effort. Perhaps Eddie can comment on it.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-16-2021, 10:57 AM

Is there a different way to close layouts? I've been trying to get this specific function to work in different ways and can't seem to get a consistent output.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:01 PM
Avid

No. There are Surface functions for closing Spill Zones - L & R, for recalling Layouts - and on 2nd press the Track Layout is closed.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 02-18-2021, 12:52 PM

I ended up removing the double press and instead now press Shift + Layout buttons. Maybe in some update you can add the ability to create shortcuts to any of the keys on the surface :)
Old 03-10-2021, 05:20 AM
Avid

There is work being done for soft keys that should possibly help this workflow.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ