Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Default Licensing support issue= Can't Load Avid Support Portal! It's blank

Hi folks-

I'm trying to contact Avid about a licensing question for my Pro Tools subscription, but whenever I try to load the Support Portal page by linking from my Master Account page, it just shows up as a blank page (only the Avid Support Header appears, no content or contact info). The other Support pages load fine but I can't seem to contact them since I can't start a case at the portal! I've tried in multiple browsers, all from Mac 10.10.5. Any idea what's up?

(In fact the entire Avid site has been super slow to load and buggy for days!)

Here's my issue- maybe someone can help with this?

On 12/2/16 I renewed my PT Vanilla Annual Subscription from the Avid.com store, but my iLok account still shows that my license plan expires on 12/14/16. It should be extended to 12/14/17- that's what my Avid Master Account says, but doesn't my iLok asset also have to be updated?

I'm still running PT 12.5, so I'm not ever even sure I got the 12.6 asset.

The link in my Avid Store email from my purchase just takes me to the download page- there's no indication of how I get my iLok asset renewed.

Why are they making this so hard? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 12-05-2016, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Licensing support issue= Can't Load Avid Support Portal! It's blank

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386838

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:17 PM

That was Dec 2nd says its resolved I can't log to my client's Avid to register some new HD licenses.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
That was Dec 2nd says its resolved I can't log to my client's Avid to register some new HD licenses.
The OP said they did their update on the 2nd.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Metalmixer- I did manage to purchase my Upgrade subscription renewal on 12/2, but the Avid and Avid Store sites were slow and wonky and required many page refreshes.

And, the Avid site continued to be very slow and wonky yesterday 12/5/16. After many page reloads I was able to eventually get access to my products and downloads (both Sibelius and Pro Tools). But it's been frustrating and unreliable to say the least.

And the service portal page wouldn't load at all! I was able to submit a reply via a separate form that's only for Authorization and Purchase issues. Ugh. What a mess. But I did get a reply several hours later.

Good luck!
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 12-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Drew- thanks for your reply. I did manage to start a case with Avid via a different support page, one just for authorization and registration issues. But the answer I got didn't really answer my question. Can you please help me understand-

Avid support told me:

"If you are talking about the Upgrades license, that doesn't hold anything. I would also like to inform you that you have already activated your updated license which is the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle license. You can download, install and authorize Pro Tools 12.6.

The installers are all available on your Avid account, and your iLok key is good."

On 12/4/16 I purchased a one year renewal for my PT subscription. So shouldn't that extension, until 12/14/17, be reflected on my iLok asset titled: "Pro Tools Plan?" Right now it still expires on 12/14/16. It remains unchanged since I purchased my renewal.

There's no expiration in the asset: "Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (10/11/12) (4)," which does makes sense- it's perpetual. So why is Avid support telling me that that license has been updated? How could a Perpetual license reflect my annual upgrade subscription?

I'll be most appreciative for any explanation how the new licensing plan works, and how my iLok assets should reflect this. Thanks again.