Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2021, 11:37 AM

Default Missing files

After I bounce my tracks, the next day when I go to the song, I get a message that the bounced files are missing and it asks me if I want to search for them. This happens every time and sometimes I am unable to find them.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Missing files

In your session folder, there should be a folder for bounced audio. If you haven't made any changes in any user preference they should be found there. Either way, take a look at your session folder and see what is in it.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:05 PM

I'm having trouble with definitions, such as I don't seem to have a sessions folder or a bounced audio tab. I've searched through all resources and I'm coming up short. Obviously I am very new to this DAW and understanding various terms is very important. Also I am using PT First.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:25 PM

PT|First most likely have your files in cloud and what you have is "a project". So now open your project again and try to bounce again, pay attention to WHERE the bounced file would be going. If it is your computer storage, you need to import it to your project. If everything else fails, bounce again and there should (I use Ultimate, so kind of guessing here) be a tick box to automatically import your bounce to a new track.