How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-30-2015, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Smack! and Eleven Plugin offer

Thanks for your reply, Jeffro, however, from the Holiday Audio Offers page:

Quote:
Purchases of Pro Tools perpetual license and annual subscription come with a perpetual license for Eleven. For Smack!, offer provides perpetual plug-in license with purchase of Pro Tools perpetual license, and a 1-year license with purchase of Pro Tools annual subscription.
This seems to say that for the $199 annual upgrade and support plan, I get a perpetual license for Eleven, but a 1 year license for Smack! Is that correct? After one year, if I do not renew, Smack! expires? This seems in conflict to what you mentioned, Jeffro.

Quote:
Perpetual licenses for Smack and Eleven are provided with the $199 Upgrade and Support Plan (details) or with full perpetual license (details).
Which one is it?

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakbytes View Post
...the Holiday Audio Offers page... seems to say that for the $199 annual upgrade and support plan, I get a perpetual license for Eleven, but a 1 year license for Smack! Is that correct? After one year, if I do not renew, Smack! expires? This seems in conflict to what you mentioned, Jeffro.
The Upgrade and Support Plan includes a perpetual Pro Tools license (not a subscription).
Quote:
For Smack!, offer provides perpetual plug-in license with purchase of Pro Tools perpetual license, and a 1-year license with purchase of Pro Tools annual subscription.
So you get a perpetual Smack license with perpetual Pro Tools purchase, and a 1 year Smack license with Annual Subscription.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:07 PM

Well, In my case I had decided that the only reason I will even consider upgrading my pro tools 11 was if I was getting both smack and eleven plug-ins for free along with pt12 for $99.

I also read that both plugins were only offered if the purchase was completed during the Black Friday sale period for which the last day was Monday Nov 30th 2015.

Therefore before committing my dollars I started an online chat with an Avid chat agent. I specifically asked if smack and eleven were included in the $99 dollar upgrade price and he confirmed that to be true. I have the saved chat transcript to prove it if necessary.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:34 AM

I upgraded to PT 12 HD, the other day, and received my download yesterday.

I read that Smack plugin is included as a promotion, but I have checked my download links, value added, and my account, but do not see Smack in my software, or anywhere in my account. I also checked the Holiday promotions page, but there is no link to Smack there either.

I went onto the Avid support page to submit a form, but the "Sub Topic" button only returns "None" in the drop down menu, so when I try to submit the form, it comes back with an error saying "please add a sub topic". I have tried to contact Avid Support four times via their forms, but it will not submit without the sub topic.

I have read that Smack is an old plugin, and may not be so great anyways, but it was offered in the promotion, which is why I purchased my upgrade before Nov 30th, so I would like to have it, since plugins aren't cheap. I will take any freebies I can get.

Update from Avid: (Too bad the store didn't clarify HD didn't come with Smack)

Thank you for contacting Avid Audio Support.

I'm sorry for any confusion and misinformation that has caused you this. Pro Tools HD is not part of the promo for the free Eleven plugin because it is already included with the bonus plugins.

Pro Tools HD is also not part of the Black Friday sale promo where customers will get free Smack plugin. That said promo is only for Pro Tools regular version. Pro Tools HD is a whole different product line with Pro Tools regular version.

I hope that clarifies everything.

Last edited by wrek; 12-03-2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Update from Avid
Old 12-05-2015, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Space license

Upgraded HD last Monday...Still no email. Although the plugs are working (Demo Mode?).
Eleven and MkII
Wouldn't there be a perpetual iLok asset and number for the MkII upgrade?
Old 12-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Hello,

I recently upgraded to PTHD 12.3. I just received this email indicating "Eleven & Smack!" were included (as well as other plugins) with this upgrade.

Any word on Smack!?

See attached email from today and Avid website mentions it as well.

Cheers!

Kris
You don't get those for HD upgrades NON HD upgrades only....
at least that the way I read it.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:54 PM

??"
I upgraded to PT 12 HD, the other day, and received my download yesterday. "?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Is the ''Eleven Plugin'' those 17 plug-ins you get separately (no mention or name of Eleven there...) ?

I purchased the PT12 upgrade $99 then a few days later, the plug-ins and service (the ''other'' $99 pack)...

If I should see ''Eleven'', then be aware that the ''other'' pack has neither Smack, neither Eleven named as is...
Old 12-11-2015, 12:46 PM

with the $99 plan, apparently, you don't get 11 Rack plugins or smack. what you get is to waste time with Avid support having them explain to you that because you spent less, you got less. I don't think Avid understands what a "sale" means. Oh well.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Paid ...less??

In my view, 2 X $99 is... well $198, and the other option is... well $199 !!

If that is really the case, I am going to ask for a refund.