How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 PM

Default Problem activating Protools 10 Student Edition on Windows 7

Hi all, new here.

I bought my copy of Protools 10 (the student edition) a few days ago, and can not seem to activate it on the Avid website. It tells me to enter my verification code, but tells me it is invalid or not recognized. Not sure if I'm using the right code. In my box I have the "Activating your copy of Protools (Academic Version)," Pro Tools 10.0 for students activation card, Intro to Pro tools, Pro tools software, and protools software installation guide.

The only code I can find is on the Activation Card, and no matter where I put it, it does not work. the format on the card is "xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx."

However, the activation format on the Avid site is 000000-000000000-0000000.

Can anyone help? I need this for school, and 300$ is alot to spend on a few cd-coasters.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Avid

Default Re: Problem activating Protools 10 Student Edition on Windows 7

Hello Dayviidd.

It is possible that you may have received an activation card with incorrect instructions as a few of those were sent out in err.

If your code starts with "EDU" and is of the xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx format, you will need to go to https://www.identit-e.com/avid and enter the code. There you will need to provide proof of your student status. Once complete, identit-e will provide you with a code that can be used at www.avid.com/activation to receive your software license and downloads. You may need to create an account there if you do not already have one.

You can see all information regarding eligibility here:

www.avid.com/eligibility

Regards,
Avid CS