Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2002, 09:02 AM

Default What is the difference between Korg Triton Classic and Triton LE???

What is the difference between Korg Triton Classic and Triton LE???

I am interested in purchasing a Korg Triton but I don't know what the difference is between the two. Which is the better of the two?? Is there any major difference in features?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2002, 09:36 AM

Default Re: What is the difference between Korg Triton Classic and Triton LE???

The LE model doesn't have touchscreen, or a sampler built-in, or the digital outs and 4 analog outs instead of 6. The sequencer and sounds are the same as well as the synthesys engine itself. Other than those, I don't think there are any other big differences.

We got a Karma shortly before they put out the Triton LE. These 2 boards are almost the same as well. We haven't used the arpegiator of the board very much (mostly sequencing) and I have to say that the sequencer is very user friendly.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 12-22-2002, 11:28 AM

If you go to www.korg.com you can compare features for yourself (as well as listen to demos).
Old 12-22-2002, 06:00 PM

As Ruiner(from the NIN song?) pointed out, they are almost the same. Keep in mind, for $200, you can add a sampler to the LE. Some will say the sounds are better on the Triton Classic, but both units use the same sound banks, so I throw that theory out the door. I have an LE, and run it through a good mixer with good cables, and I get great sounds all the time. I dont know if you have been using synths for a while, or if you are new, but one thing I have learned is that if you want good natural sounds(strings, drums, brass, piano, etc..) go with Roland. If you are more into electronic, then I find the Korgs to be better..

Of course, you might not even be interested in buying and just generally curious. Who knows but you.

=-CP.