Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 PM

Default No video out to Blackmagic intensity pro

I'm running a mid-2010 MacPro with 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 40GB RAM HDX-2. OSX 10.8.4. 32 fader D-Control. PT10 works fine selecting "Video out PCIE" but if I launch the same session in PT11 I get nothing on the Blackmagic-fed screen. I've re-installed Blackmagic drivers, restarted, all the usual stuff but still nothing. Any suggestions?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: No video out to Blackmagic intensity pro

Hello,

Did you install the Avid codecs included in the PT11 installer disc image? Also what is the codec of the video you are trying to output?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:14 AM

Everything is installed - and re-installed. This particular project is Prores. What's frustrating is that at the third attempt, and with nothing else changing, following another complete shut-down and re-boot it suddenly works. Project opens with crappy pixelated video on screen every time so I have to click on output settings and correct it - annoying as it's a really good quality 1080 picture.

I wonder what surprises lurk next...
Old 01-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Avid

Hello,

I'm sorry this file is giving you so much trouble and inconsistency. Is the video file exported from Final Cut Pro 7, Apple ProRes 422? We have taken reports of ProRes 422 videos coming directly out of FCP7 having issues in 11. Can you provide me as many details about the video file as you have? Origin, container/wrapper, resolution, frame rate, etc.. So we can try to reproduce? Are videos with other codecs and wrappers giving you the same trouble?